Well, well, well… yet another chocolate recipe… and let me tell you… this one is DELISH. SO get on it! Don’t even read this post, just scroll down, check the ingredients, get to the directions, and bake this sucker. Then thank me later. WOO WOO.
I recently made some sweet potato brownies and I just wasn’t that impressed. I decided to modify it and try it out minus the sweet potato, and add a few things, mix it up, wing it a bit and BOOM. I literally made the healthy brownie of my dreams. I originally thought it would be more of a cake consistency (think Matilda) but I would say it is a rich, dark chocolate, brownie.. so grab your cup of almond milk (or whatever you like to drink with rich, dark chocolate desserts) and get on this recipe!
You only need a tiny piece to help you get your chocolate fix so it should last you a while.. however, keep it out of reach of anyone who loves chocolate because if you don’t tell them, they won’t know it’s healthy and go ham.. aka my fiancee. I don’t like sharing.
ALSO — it only makes it a six inch round sooo if you want to double batch it.. do it!!
So here is the deal.. I winged it, so I preheated the oven to 350 and popped it in for 15 minutes and checked it periodically. I think it would have been better at around 13-14 minutes. Use a toothpick to check in and see how it is doing so it won’t burn 🙂
Cash Creations: Double Dark Chocolate Brownie
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time out of your life: 25 mins
NEED: 6 inch round cake pan
Makes: 6 small brownies – or double batch it for even more goodness!!!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup Oat flour
- 3 TBSP Regular cacao powder
- 3 TBSP Dark Cacao powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Egg (free range)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
Last: 1/4 cup DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- 1/4 cup Dark Cacao
- 1 scoop Chocolate protein powder
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
- 1-2 tbsp Almond butter
- Dash of sea salt
- Almond milk – as much as you need to create a smooth consistency
- Optional – sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare your 6 inch round cake pan with parchment paper and greece the sides
- Whisk together all dry ingredients in a medium bowl
- In a separate bowl, mix together all of the wet ingredients
- Pour half of the wet mixture into the dry, stirring as you add. Mix in the second half of the wet ingredients until all combined
- Add in the chocolate chips (woo woo)
- Pour your batter into the 6 inch round (should be really dense)
- Pop in the preheated oven for approx 13-15 minutes, checking with a toothpick to see how it is doing. Do not overbake!
- While it is in the oven, prepare the icing by mixing all of the ingredients together, and smoothing it out using a hand mixer
- If needed, add more almond milk to get a smooth, icing texture
- Take the cake out of the oven and place on a cooling rack for five minutes
- Remove the brownie from the pan and allow to fully cool on the cooling rack
- Once cool, ice that baby!
I stored mine in a cake container on the kitchen table and it did not last long!
Refrigerate for 3-4 days or freeze (but I feel like it will not get to that point)