Believe it or not, but I am not a fan of gummy bears, gummy worms, gummy keys nothing. So that is probably the one candy that I will say no to on a regular basis. However, I do like certain sugar coated gummies, like fuzzy peaches, cherry blasters and sour patch kids ❤ somehow my mouth is now watering just thinking about those! So on this day I was craving those delicious little treats that really are so awful for you and you literally can’t just eat one and they’re not filling so it is just wasted calories… but oh, so good. These are the alternative. Not quite as tasty in the same way because, I mean, it isn’t loaded with sugar and whatever else they toss in those things, but it these are pretty good to get your fix!!!
Cash Creations: Healthy Pineapple Gummies
Prep time: 20 minutes
Set time: 2-3 hours
Yields: 30 Hearts
What do you need: Silicon mould or loaf pan (you can cut into squares afterwards)
- 1 Cup of Pineapple Puree/Juice (pure, organic)
- 1 tsp xylitol
- 60g (6 tbs) Unflavoured Gelatin (I used Great Lakes **red container**)
Here’s what you do:
- Pour the pineapple juice into a nonstick saucepan and sprinkle your gelatin overtop and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir it together and try to make sure any big clumps of gelatin begin to dissolve.
- Place the pan over medium-high heat and stirring the mixture occasionally, until it comes to a light boil.
- Stir in your xylitol for some added sweetness.
- Keep stirring as it continues to boil, and when you can no longer stir away the bubbles in the pan, remove it from the heat. The mixture should be runny and smooth.
- Pour the mixture carefully into your moulds. I used a baster to suck up the mixture from the pan and carefully release into each heart mold.
- Place your molds into the fridge for 2-3 hours until they are set.
- Pop out your gummies once set!
- To store, place gummies in an airtight container and refrigerate!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 0 g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0 g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 2 mg||0 %|
|Potassium 0 mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1 g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||0 %|
|Sugars 1 g|
|Protein 2 g||4 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|