Sooooo I am a lover of Tiny Toms donuts.. are you? If so, you’ll like these.. or at least you’ll pretend these are as good as those little, warm, sugary, fried donuts that everyone loves. Now my fiancé is an avid fan of all yummy homemade traditional desserts so it is very difficult to satisfy him with these “healthified” renditions.. so I know when he enjoys one of my creations, it has to be good. Clear indication of this.. missing pronuts from the fridge. I think he ate all but two of the tiny pronuts and maybe three or four of the big ones! Needless to say, these were a hit! He did make a suggestion to cut up my apple pieces a bit smaller so I made a mental note and will try my best to use a mandolin next time. These pronuts are the perfect mid-day or post-workout snack. If you don’t need the sweetness because you feel like the apples and applesauce is sweet enough then you can omit the xylitol but it might change the cake-like consistency of the pronuts.. and I am not sure you want to do that cause these be BOMB. Also, I topped them off with a bit more xylitol and cinnamon because… YUM! The crunch of the xylitol is so awesome and they’re literally so delish. Now these photos were taken the day I made them, just be warned that the xylitol will likely melt into the donuts if you leave them out of the fridge.. and I mean.. I am not complaining.. the sweetness just seeped into the donut but you lose the crunch so you might want to toss them in the fridge. If you think they’ll last (who are you kidding?) you can keep them in the freezer as well and thaw as needed. Keep this page bookmarked on your computer cause you’ll want to make these again 🙂
Cash Creations: Apple Cinnamon Pronut
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time out of your life: 30 mins
NEED: Donut Pan (Bulk Barn)
Makes: 12 mini Donuts & 6 Regular sized Donuts
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/3 cup xylitol
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 maple syrup
Top it off
- 1 TBSP xylitol
- 2 TSP Cinnamon (Ground)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare your donut pan with non-stick spray (I used coconut oil spray).
- In a large bowl, using a whisk, mix your protein powder, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and xylitol. Set-aside for now.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the egg and applesauce together until fully combined.
- Pour your wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mix together but try not to over mix.
- Slice half of a medium sized apple into very thin, small pieces.
- Fold apple pieces into your batter.
- Spoon your batter into your donut pan filling about ¾ of the way.
- Pop your donut pan into the pre-heated oven for 8-10 min.
- While your donuts are baking mix together your cinnamon &xylitol.
- When ready, remove donuts from pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Allow to cool until warm and then press into your cinnamon & xylitol mixture.